Hi All,

If one resorts to hardware to support security be sure to post guards.
WWII proved than
reliance upon hardware devices to provide adequate security is misplaced.

Hardware components in a security system are acceptable if the software
can re-configure
them and alter even their basic functionality, e.g., re-configurable
computer systems and
networks.

One significant advantage of ATM networking was the use of fixed-size
cells to transmit
data (essentially a switching technology). Try reconstructing cell-based
data on the fly or
store data in cellular format with separately stored reconstruction
algorithms. The problem
was solved long ago - cellular systems.

Any static security system is sensitive to determined efforts. No
security or inadequate
security mechanisms are invitations. A single breach will likely destroy
confidence. The
ability to re-configure and re-deploy is essential.

Regards!

-Thomas Clark

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org