Dear all,

My ideas:
- unique identifiers are numbers that are unique.
- each collection of information that has an attribute with this unique
number can be collected and presented as belonging together,
- with one unique identifier per (pseudo)identity all information
belonging to this unique identifier can be collected and presented as
belonging together
- this type of use is identifying documents (or parts of it) as
containing information about the same person with a specific identity.

- it is NO PROOF of the real identity of the person. That is a
different matter.

- When we have to uniquely identify persons we need other things than
numbers.
- Unique numbers must not be trusted.
- Unique numbers that identify persons generate problems: identity
theft.
- Only knowledge that is known by the person, or features his body
posesses, will help to identify persons.

Gerard

--  <private> --
Gerard Freriks, arts
Huigsloterdijk 378