Bert Verhees wrote:

>> presented as belonging together,
>>

>it is not that simple, a collection of information can have more then one
>number, and the CEN-standard does not provide meta-information in some cases,
>f.e. PatientExtendedInformation carries a Set<II>, which is a set of numbers
>(identifiers), those numbers in a list do not have meta-information, except
>for the OID, but that meta-information can only be resolved over a
>network-service (which does not yet exist).

as I have indicated before, I think that CEN needs the data type we
added to openEHR - DV_INDENTIFIER, whose definition is below. I also
don't agree that it is realistic to identify everything with OIDs. There
are three reasons, the major one Bert has already given.

1. non-accessibility and/or performance of resolving engine
2. size of ids inside data, particularly data fragments that can never
be sensibly accessed globally, only from within the context of some
larger blob. E.g. it doesn't make sense to access a single ELEMENT in a
CEN CLUSTER/ELEMENT tree, so why attach a 20 digit Oid to it?

class DV_IDENTIFIER
inherit
    DATA_VALUE

feature -- Access

    issuer: STRING
            -- Issuing agency of these kind of ids

    id: STRING
            -- The identifier value. Often structured, according to the
            -- definition of the issuing authority???s rules.

    type: STRING
            -- The identifier type, such as ???prescription???, or ???SSN???.
            -- One day a controlled vocabulary might be possible for this.

invariant
    issuer_valid: issuer /= Void and not issuer.is_empty
    id_valid: id /= Void and not id.is_empty
    type_valid: type /= Void and not type.is_empty

end

- thomas beale

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org