Tom

I agree that now is the time to make this change.
In any explanatory text accompanying these models, it would be worth
pointing out that both the im and am  are expressed at the RM-ODP
Information viewpoint, and are both "Information Models" in that sense.

Regards

David
At 18:00 12/07/2005, you wrote:

>In the current openEHR reference model, there are 3 top-level packages,
>known as:
>- rm: the information model
>- am: the archeype model
>- sm: the service model
>
>The first of these really should be "im", not "rm", and is only "rm" for
>historical reasons. As we convert from BitKeeper to Subversion, and also
>as we are approaching release 1.0, it occurs to me that it would be nice
>to make the change of "rm" to "im", which would make documentation
>clearer, and reduce the confusion around the phrase "reference model".
>
>However, there is already a fair bit of software, schemas and so on around
>the place. It might be too late to make such a change. Note that it need
>not be done for software still to be correct, since we are only talking
>about a package name - it does not change any class names, nor any tag
>names in XML data that I can think of.
>
>Can I have reactions on how this change would be received. It were ever to
>be made, now would obviously be the time.
>
>- thomas beale
>
>--
>___________________________________________________________________________________
>CTO Ocean Informatics (http://www.OceanInformatics.biz)
>Research Fellow, University College London (http://www.chime.ucl.ac.uk)
>Chair Architectural Review Board, openEHR (http://www.openEHR.org)
>
>-
>If you have any questions about using this list,
>please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org

*     David S.L. Lloyd, Technical Consultant
*     CHIME - Centre for Health Informatics and Multiprofessional
Education, at UCL
*     E-Mail:   d.lloyd at chime.ucl.ac.uk   Tel:      +44 (0)20 7288 3364
*     Web:  www.chime.ucl.ac.uk/~rmhidsl#contact

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org