> However, right now, we have a health system that operates off bits of
> paper augmented with IT here and there.
> Surely the goal of EHR is to do better than the existing systems in some
> areas (so there is benefit in choosing EHR), and no worse in others (so
> there is no significant detriment)?
Well spoken. This practical sentiment is exactly why I pointed
out where it leads to worry too much about having perfect
security instead of focussing on patient and provider benefit.

> If we are serious about proving in court "what the doctor saw", I can
> only suggest that we create a head-mounted device with a camera
> (positioned at eye level) and  microphones positioned at ears and mouth
> and record every second of the doctor's working life as evidence of what
> they saw, heard and said.
And this is what it would lead to.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346
please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org