Tim Cook wrote:

>This post doesn't directly affect me but I thought the information below
>might help.
>
>On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 11:39, Bert Verhees (ROSA Software) wrote:
>

>>>I looks to me on first sight that Bugzilla is designed for use under
>>>Unix/Linux which I do not run.
>>>

>There is a Bugzilla distribution for Windows 2000
>http://www.parrus.com/project/bugzilla.htm

Thinking about it, Bugzilla is written in Perl and works with MySQL,
which both exists for Windows, also for Apache is a Windows-version.
There is some information about it here:
http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/2.18/html/os-specific.html#os-win32
It says that it does not run out of the box, setting up a linux-box
might be easier.

And on the other hand, if someone is setting up a Sharepoint-environment
which can also serve the needs, we should be grateful for that.
But we have to be careful, as Tim Cook writes, it is often that
Microsoft-software is not very friendly for browsers and Operating
Systems which do not come from their house.

So it should be tested if Sharepoint can deliver a web that is conform
the w3-standard, which would look good, for a service committed in
improving a standard.

kind regards
Bert Verhees

There is a company in the Netherlands which delivers a Bugzilla-service:
http://www.firstbase.nl/
Click on "ASP-diensten". I don't know about prices, I guess for a
organisation as CEN or NEN, it would be peanuts. From that company I
bought CVS-service about a year ago, which was about 50 Euro every
month. And, surely there will be more companies offering this service.
It takes no work at all, just a few telephone-calls. For a well paid
(wo)man bungle around for a day (or two) could buy ten months of
Bugzilla at a commercial ASP-provider

(the fact is that in the company where I work the use of IE only is
permitted in special cases, Outlook and Microsoft Office are prohibited,
and the preferred workstations run on Linux)

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org