Dear all,

I think before we discuss how we are going to build a persistence layer we
need to discuss how we are going to use it. Is it to support a simple
electronic healthcare record application which only collects basic
information, print the information on a computer screen or on a paper on a
small center for primary health care? Or is it to support an information
system for electronic healthcare record information used everywhere on a
large hospital (or a country!) and where the system is able to amongst
others support data intensive applications like real time data driven
decision support systems? If it is the first case the persistence layer can
be built in many different ways and where some of the ways are simple and
fast to build. If it is the second case there are much fewer ways to build
the persistence layer and probably none of them are simple and fast to
build.

        Regards,
        Mikael

Mikael Nystr?m
M Sc in Computer Science and Engineering
Ph D student in Medical Informatics
Department of Biomedical Engineering
Link?ping University