Thanks Nick

The question here really isn't about the semantics of the DICOM identifiers,
though I thank you for reviewing those. The question is about how these
interact with an openEHR system and with other users of the archetype

One interesting aspect concerning the OIDs is that though they are supposed
to be globally unique, unless you have a oid root <--> issuing system
registry,
you still need to track the issuing system (and I've never heard of such a
registry in practice)

Grahame