Seref,

You make three points, beginnging with "specialize in the DB layer." Could
you elaborate just a bit more?

I understand your second basic point ("Do not let domain information to
dominate DB design"), but lose you beginning where you say,  "Yes, it would
be easy to have a similar/same representation across multiple layers
...." From that point on I don't follow your elaboration of your
second point.

>From your third point I take it you are opposed to EAV of any sort. The only
other alternative would be to persist serialized byte streams and/or XML
documents, which is what I assume to be the OpenEHR approach.

Thanks,

Randy Neall