On 18/03/2011 11:10, Moretti Leonardo wrote:
> When we define a C_DATE_TIME element like this
> ELEMENT[at0061] occurrences matches {0..1} matches { -- Date/Time element
>     value matches {
> DV_DATE_TIME matches {*}
>     }
> }
> we said that element at0061 can contains a Date/time value, a date
> only or a time only (indeed Archetype Editor show the label "Allow all").

not quite right - it can only contain a DV_DATE_TIME. Valid
DV_DATE_TIMEs include instances with no time, e.g. '2011-03-18T11'.
According to ISO 8601:2004, date/times with 'reduced accuracy' must
contain a complete date, and at least the hour part of the time. So you
can't have just a date, nor just a time.

> From the point of view of RM instances, this means we can have
> <value xsi:type="DV_DATE_TIME">
> <value>2011-03-18T11:01:28</value>
> </value>
>
> but also
>
> <value xsi:type="DV_DATE_TIME">
> <value>2011-03-18</value>
> </value>

this is illegal in ISO 8601 (and therefore openEHR)

> and
>
> <value xsi:type="DV_DATE_TIME">
> <value>11:01:28</value>
> </value>

also illegal.

> Or for the latter we need to use DV_DATE and DV_TIME rescpectively
> (remember we have defined a C_DATE_TIME constraint in archetype)?

you can technically do the following:

ELEMENT[at0061] occurrences matches {0..1} matches { -- Date/Time element
     value matches {
DV_DATE_TIME matches {*}
DV_DATE matches {*}
DV_TIME matches {*}
     }
}

but I would suggest that allowing DV_TIME only would be very unusual if
not an error.

- thomas beale*

*