Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:34:16 +0000
Subject: Re: Suggestion to replace use of generics with inheritence in future
RM versions
From: serefari...@kurumsalteknoloji.com
To: openehr-technical at lists.openehr.org

Hi Pablo,
I do not want to have a discussion about how to implement specs. That was not
my point. Let me try to be more direct:

Generics causes problems during implementation of openEHR if Java or XML is
involved. Java + XML has a huge user base. Even XML on its own has a huge user
base.

By making a minor change in OO design options, openEHR can eliminate these
problems for everyone using Java and especially XML.
This may help openEHR become a spec easier to implement.

This is the point I was trying to make.