hi Ian

It meets perfectly the requirements I was aware of at the time, but now I have
a more perfect (ahh, less imperfect) knowledge. If I have a series of
observations,
I may provide some interpretation of them, that becomes the "observation".
This occurs with several diagnostic tests. But these cases
don't "summarise the entire history", in that they analyse the data.
Perhaps I am splitting hairs, but isn't that what definitions are for? I'd
like it relaxed a little.

And tooling support, too, of course ;-)  (though I suppose I could add
that myself)

Generally, in the NEHTA context, we've struggled with the openEHR RM here.
Partly it's tooling (AE and CKM) - it doesn't support the things we want to do.
We've ended up pretending that the event series doesn't exist in the
observation RM
for the purposes of the archetype, both (partly) in how the design was done,
and (completely) in how we convert the archetype to a DCM. Partly that was a
pragmatic decision to do with tooling limitations, but it's not
obvious to me that
it would've played out differently if the tooling wasn't limited.

One issue I have is that the event series imposes the same data at each point,
which is not necessarily the case. And also, (back to protocol)
repeating observations
is protocol? (how they were each done), and this summary thing - is it critical
to display, or just an adjunct? Better just to model the content in
data and be sure...

Grahame