Thomas, somehow I'm not finding the AQL specification. It's probably right
under my nose on your specification/release page. Also, do you have any
references describing the AQL processor? Did you write *that* from
scratch?? It would seem that the AQL processor would indeed function as
a formidable DBMS in its own right, at least with regard to reads, capable
of managing AND/OR logic trees and serving up flat "tables" of joined data
structures like any RDBMS.

Randy