On 20/11/2013 07:29, Bert Verhees wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thank you very much for your response.
>
> First I want to respond to this one. Because there is also an XML issue.
> It is not that I want to be unfriendly, but, this also needs to be
> discusses.
>
> I assume, the OpenEHR-XSD's are inspiration for this OpenEHR XML.
> I write, inspiration, because it is not possible to use the XSD's for
> definition of XML-instances.
> I filed a call yesterday on JIRA for that:
> http://www.openehr.org/issues/browse/SPECPR-93

in terms of this particular issue, the current XSDs were designed for
only a few 'top-level' document root objects, such as Composition, Party
and so on. I agree that it needs to be more flexible. But I don't think
that affects the particular question of paths we are discussing here
(but thanks for recording the issue - that will definitely get addressed).

You are right that my little example is not technical valid in this way
- I just wrapped the core XML so as to make Oxygen happier ;-)

> But now I see another problem.
> If the "element" thing (see JIRA) was repaired in the XSD's, then
> still, in my opinion, it would not be possible to come to following
> XML-fragment.
> This is also a point that needs to be discussed.

well again, this is 'illegally' wrapping a small fragment to make it
standalone. And the at0007 level is missing...

as for the paths, it depends on your starting point in the hierarchy as
well.

I like Alessandro's solution, if it is legal.

 From your other post you had:

/cluster[@archetype_id='openEHR-EHR-CLUSTER.bert.v1' and
@archetype_node_id='at0007']/items[position()=1 and
@archetype_node_id='at0008']/value/value=Jan
/cluster[@archetype_id='openEHR-EHR-CLUSTER.bert.v1' and
@archetype_node_id='at0007']/items[position()=2 and
@archetype_node_id='at0008']/value/value=Peter
/cluster[@archetype_id='openEHR-EHR-CLUSTER.bert.v1' and
@archetype_node_id='at0007']/items[position()=3 and
@archetype_node_id='at0009']/value/value=Balkenende

if I rewrite that in openEHR-shortened form, so we can read it :

/cluster[at0007]/items[at0008 and position()=1]/value/value='Jan'
/cluster[at0007]/items[at0008 and position()=2]/value/value='Peter'
/cluster[at0007]/items[at0009 and [position()=3]/value/value='Balkenende'

It would be a small step to allow:

/cluster[at0007]/items[at0008, 1]/value/value='Jan'
/cluster[at0007]/items[at0008, 2]/value/value='Peter'
/cluster[at0007]/items[at0009, 3]/value/value='Balkenende'

BTW some existing information on paths is inn the Architecture Overview
spec <http://www.openehr.org/releases/trunk/architecture/overview.pdf>,
paths and locator chapter.