What do I misunderstand?

The definition of ‘proprietary’ according to GOOGLE  is clear.
proprietary
prəˈprʌɪət(ə)ri/
adjective
adjective: proprietary
1.
relating to an owner or ownership.
"the company has a proprietary right to the property"
behaving as if one owned something or someone.
"he looked about him with a proprietary air"
2.
(of a product) marketed under and protected by a registered trade name.
"proprietary brands of insecticide"
Origin

late Middle English (as a noun denoting a member of a religious order who held
property): from late Latin proprietarius ‘proprietor’, from proprietas (see
property
<https://www.google.ie/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=define+property&sa=X&ved=0CCMQgCswAGoVChMI487Y5ovaxwIVYoHbCh2t5gFm>).

On the openEHR website we all can read about the Legal Status.
And that is clear, also.
OpenEHR specs are owned by the company that is owned by UCL, only.

Gerard