On 08/09/2015 21:55, Erik Sundvall wrote:
Hi!

ND on the specification documents is not a big or urgent problem if there are Apace 2 licenced computable artifacts like UML-files/descriptions of all classes, ADL/AQL grammars, openEHR term lists/vocabularies and other things needed for building actual systems. I believe that is already the case (or at least the intention).

we probably need to perform an audit on all of these artefacts to check the licences. One thing we need to change is to allow more types of software licence, e.g. AGPL. Large companies and huge health institutions like the NHS simply cannot expect to be able to use everything for free when it costs quite serious investment on the part of typically small companies or research groups in academic settings. They need to consider contributing resources. Viral licences need to be allowed to enable conditional use; if funding is made available, such licences can be converted to other types of licence.