I was very active, 10 years ago, in the anti-software-patent-lobby in
Europe. I spent several weeks talking to European members of Parliament. We
won. 😊

I made a presentation for Dutch members of the EP.
http://www.rosa.nl/software_patenten/

It is in Dutch. I made it quick and dirty in OpenOffice version 1.x. So
don't expect a fancy site.

(This was the foreword)

So, I know something about patents. The problem with patents is that they
are not easy to find, despite classification systems. It is all about
wording and keywords. So the fact that you cannot find a patent disturbing
your business does not mean there is no patent.

(This was about finding patents)

It is very important that the OpenEhr foundation, as it actual does,
promises in its license that it will not file patent suits against users of
its specifications. So we  do not need to look for secret patents, the
promise is sufficient. This promise is irrevocable.

I too find it unbelievable that people suspect the OpenEhr foundation for
having this kind of dirty tricks in their plans. But those people really
exist.

Seriously, I even heard people believing the OpenEhr foundation is owning
medical data that are stored using OpenEHR specs. Adult serious people,
with influence in decisions are saying this. We all know, that medical data
in every country are controlled by local law, and the OpenEhr foundation
can't ever be more powerful then the law. People just don't think well,
they don't add two by two.

In the Netherlands we have books for children, they are called "Jip en
Janneke". The OpenEhr foundation need to explain in "Jip en Janneke"
language what really is true and not true.

Maybe a prominent placed link to a FAQ in "Jip en Janneke" language would
help.

Maybe I am just accidently meeting the wrong people. That is possible.