Hi Silje,

If I read
http://www.openehr.org/releases/RM/Release-1.0.3/docs/data_types/data_types.html#_dv_ordinal_class
 correctly, it seems to imply that the minimum you do is to give the text the
same value as the ordinal value: "...which may be strings made from + symbols,
or other enumerations of terms such as mild , moderate , severe , or even the
same number series as the values, e.g. 1 , 2 , 3"
I personally think this is reasonable for cases like yours for the 'text'

Where it gets trickier is the corresponding 'description'.
While it seems to be the common convention that there is some sort of a
description for each term in the ontology, but I don't think it is a
requirement from the specs (is it?)
In cases like yours it seems reasonable to me to not have a description at all.

Currently, in CKM I believe you can only upload it with an empty description,
but not completely without it.
If you have an empty description this would be displayed in square brackets
without any content, which is technically correct, but a bit awkward: []

I am not aware that CKM is adding * with or without a language code on a simple
upload.
But when you start translating an archetype inside CKM, it would add this as a
marker to all non-translated bits and pieces once you save.

Here it may be reasonable to assume that if something is empty in the original
language that then the translation doesn't need to be filled either and
therefore CKM should not add the *(en) marker to it.

For CKM, I would suggest:

1.      Enable ARCHETYPE_TERMs completely without a description.

2.      Finetune the translation functionality in CKM to not add a *(en) marker
or similar in the translation, if it is empty in the original language as well.
(but avoid empty texts in archetype terms, using the ordinal value as a minimum)

Regards
Sebastian