Technically speaking it is in fact possible to create an alternative
of two different data types in a given attribute (say for example in
your use case, DV_ORDINAL (1,low) , DV_COUNT (2), DV_ORDINAL
(3,medium), DV_COUNT (4), DV_ORDINAL (5,high)).
In any case I agree with Thomas that this scale probably isn't ready
to be used yet in a EHR