You can do some very clever things with Snomed CT especially if using
"post-coordination" in a good way. Sadly many current EHR-systems can't
utilize that power of Snomed CT fully. Clever archetyping with e.g. some
built in post-coordination-generating logic combined with some extended
(AQL?)querying-capabilities in openEHR storage systems could help
openEHR-based systems jump ahead of a lot of the EHR competitors regarding
efficient Snomed CT use...

It is often good to look at Snomed CT when designing archetypes. Especially
the high quality parts of Snomed CT (there is constant maintenance and
cleanup going on). I believe this is happening more already when designing
archetypes today.

Regarding licensing I believe there has been a discussion going on between
IHTSDO and the openEHR foundation for a long time, perhaps the management
board has an update?

I believe we might need to add a function to repositories/CKMs that removes
Snomed bindings/codes from archetypes if downloaded by non-licensed users.
(A lot of the structure/content itself is based on (non protected) general
medical knowledge and I believe IHTSDO concludes it can be partly reused
without license, thus not stopping global use of Snomed-inspired
archetypes.)

Others will surely add more to the discussion.

//Erik Sundvall

Sent from mobile...

fredag 29 april 2016 skrev Bert Verhees <bert.verh...@rosa.nl>:

> Part two is of course, generating templates, and we almost have the GUI's
> in place.
>
> It is the enormous collection of medical datastructures which can be the
> source of many generated EPD-software.
>
> Bert
>
> On 29-04-16 08:50, Bert Verhees wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I got an idea when reading the nice story from Heather on LinkedIn. In
>> fact it is hers idea, but in a opposing way.
>>
>> https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/journey-interoperability-part-i-heather-leslie
>>
>> https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/journey-interoperability-part-ii-heather-leslie
>>
>> I wonder in how far it is feasible and useful to create archetypes from
>> SNOMED concepts, it would be possible to generate them, with attributes and
>> so on.
>> In a few hours time, one would have a complete forest with archetypes,
>> including ontology in more languages.
>> Maybe some smart handling, filtering, combining can create a better
>> collection, also looking at the paths, so that there are similar paths for
>> similar situations, to keep the number of different datapoints low, which
>> can help creating a faster key-value storage.
>>
>> I don't know how it is about copyright, with members, and licensing, that
>> should be looked at.
>>
>> The argument that SNOMED is fragmented should not count, I think (however
>> without having an expertise on this), because, when working with
>> handwritten archetypes will always be incomplete and fragmented.
>>
>> Bert

Sent from mobile.