Subject: Re: initial states for instructions / when do we need actions?
To: openehr-technical@lists.openehr.org
From: thomas.be...@openehr.org
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 08:25:53 +0100

    Hi Pablo

    can you raise a PR for this, with some summary of the changes you
      think are needed?

    thanks

    - thomas

    On 14/07/2016 05:16, pablo pazos wrote:

      Hi Heath, thanks for taking the time to answer,
        this is really useful and I think your comments should be
        included in the specs as examples of how the instruction/action
        interaction and the effect of that interaction on the ISM should
        work.

        First it makes total sense for me to have INITIAL as the current
        state when no ACTION was recorded for the INSTRUCTION. And it
        also makes sense to include a "placeholder" ACTION (might not
        have much info but the next state) for INSTRUCTIONS that need to
        be on PLANNED when the INSTRUCTION is created (like the
        medication case).

        About 3.1 I was thinking of a case where the event of creating
        the INSTRUCTION also includes the coordination/scheduling of
        ACTIONs that will be performed. I think this is just another
        case of my previous paragraph: we need an ACTION to change the
        state to SCHEDULED.

        Thanks a lot!

        --

        Kind regards,