Bert,

I don't disagree philosophically, but practically speaking, no SNOMED service is going to be able to answer requests to do with unit properties, unit conversions, or different forms of rendering, which are all things we need to take care of properly.

I actually think units is one of the things we should just do properly, and in only one way for openEHR. I can't imagine why anyone would use SNOMED for units instead of a proper units service that supported the above, even if they use SNOMED for everything else. There is of course nothing preventing anyone adding bindings from SNOMED to the units paths in archetypes.

- thomas