IMO annotating templates with UI info is not a good idea. A layered
approach is much cleaner and scalable, i.e. to define a new artifact on top
of current templates / archetypes / RM (these are also examples of layered
design).

Under this approach, if we have UITemplates on top of openEHR Templates,
when we generate Operational UITemplates, that will contain UI + structure
(template and archetype constraints) + RM references. This would be the
final element to be used to feed software. but the underlying models are
all separated and have a specific responsibility.

If we go ahead, we can add another level for workflow, defining an order
and conditions under which each "screen" should be displayed, like a
WFTemplate, having an Operational WFTemplate that will include all WF + GUI
+ structure + RM references.

We can continue adding layers :)

--
Ing. Pablo Pazos Gutiérrez