Hi Thomas, good clarification, although too much in detail at some points in this moment of thinking about it.

I see it as more simple,

1) about the classes, it would be nice, in my opinion, if they can stand alone, without needing other RM-classes. I think this will makes life easier in the future.

2) about XUL, the workout is very usable, and it defines, as I read, in a standardized way GUI-components. I don't know if XUL also offers ways to constraint the input in the components, if not, then that is a shortcoming. We need to solve that. It will be so good for the user experience if validation of component content can be validated client-side.

3) The targetting to frameworks (like Angular or (stupid simple) javascript), I think that is something for the community to write, we do not need a standard for that. As contribution to the community I (or some else) could write a tool to generate very simple javascripts which instantiate the GUI-elements, activate the constraints for them, and gather the validated contents of them to the REST-calls, or in case of displaying data, retrieve them from the REST calls and spread them over the components. Such simple scripts could be used in almost any framework by just adding the URL of that script to the target (maybe Angular, simple HTML or any other framework.) Also important is that the Javascripts do not contain CSS, so that styling will be imposed by the container which links the script. This makes it usable in all platforms without any target defined in the presentation-archetype.
Visually testing those Javascripts is very easy.

There is no need to define datasources, because the REST calls handle that, even for AQL this could be possible to work that way. In fact, it is how 99% of the Javascripts-frameworks do their job.

Bert