On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 03:36:23PM +0100, Ian McNicoll wrote:

> As Dileep has indicated he probably would use folders if Ethercis supported
> them. Another alternative is to create an Encounter ID for each new
> encounter (which in Dileep's example, I think I would call an episode of
> care, and simply tag each composition with that Encounter ID

An Encounter (in community medicine) is very much different
from an Episode of Care.

An Encounter happens when patient and healthcare system
"meet" in some way, it is one-off. It can encompass a
multitude of Reasons for Encounter, about different care
targets.

An Episode of Care is a time range during which one
particular care target is handled. It manifests itself during
1..many Encounters, each of which is about 1..many care
targets (problems).

Karsten
--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B