I had forgotten this, but I think it will turn out to be a syntax equivalent to Seref's proposal. It is probably the kind of syntax man people would like to use, so we should certainly consider it; it maybe that both mechanisms should be put in, and respective users can then argue over who is using 'syntactic sugar' ;)

- thomas