In the EHRServer the implementation of queries allow to express a specific
version of an archetype a.b.v1 or all versions a.b.*

We don't use filters based on templates yet.

Not sure how that is implemented in AQL but maybe there is a matches
operation that can match a regex for any archetype version.

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 2:03 PM Thomas Beale <thomas.be...@openehr.org>
wrote:

> Dileep,
>
> the Archetype Identification specification
> <https://www.openehr.org/releases/AM/latest/Identification.html> may
> provide some answers. It undoubtedly needs further development in this area.
>
> - thomas
>
> On 01/09/2018 15:04, Dileep V S wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> As an EHR solution evolves, the templates also tend to evolve to an
> acceptable level, especially since the archetypes themselves are evolving.
> However, all the data recorded using different versions of the OPT should
> remain consistently and easily query-able with out the AQL becoming overly
> complex and difficult to manage.
>
> So is there any best practices in versioning the templates as they evolve
> so that the incremental evolution does not break the AQLs. The question is
> do we use the OPT filename(visually identifiable), Name filed in template
> properties or any of the fields in authorship metadata for indicating the
> template version?
>
> Secondly, is there any template best practices document?
>

> --
> Thomas Beale
> Principal, Ars Semantica <http://www.arssemantica.com>
> Consultant, ABD Project, Intermountain Healthcare
> <https://intermountainhealthcare.org/>
> Management Board, Specifications Program Lead, openEHR Foundation
> <http://www.openehr.org>
> Chartered IT Professional Fellow, BCS, British Computer Society
> <http://www.bcs.org/category/6044>
> Health IT blog <http://wolandscat.net/> | Culture blog
> <http://wolandsothercat.net/> | The Objective Stance
> <https://theobjectivestance.net/>