We have informally started to add major version number to our template
names. Our assumption is that major and minor changes to any component,
which are not constrained out, should bubble-up to the template. e.g if we
switched from blood_pressure.v1 to blood_pressure.v2 that would require a
template major change. OTOH if we went from blood_pressure.v1.1 -> 1.2 but
none of the 1.2 changes impacted the template we would not change the
template minor version.

Not sure if that is fully thought through but it follows the spirit of the
archetype id scheme, I think.

Ian

Dr Ian McNicoll
mobile +44 (0)775 209 7859