Hi Bert,

There are certainly some implementations that allow for hard-deletes of
compositions and Ehrs. This is a complex area as GDPR does not confer an
absolute right for medical info to be forgotten (as I understand it). It
does allow for copies of the record to be retained for medico-legal
purposes.

However, in our cloud-provider setting, we absolutely need to be able to
hard delete Ehrs, as people may simply want to switch CDR providers. As a
data processor, we have no right to keep t record, as long as it is
available via another provider.

Ian

Dr Ian McNicoll
mobile +44 (0)775 209 7859