On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 07:54:32PM +0000, Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:

> > meta-openembedded/meta-python has a higher layer priority than OE-core.
> >
> > Adding higher upstream versions of these recipes to a lower-priority
> > layer in a stable series is a potential source for weird problems.
>
> I would assume they'd be removed from meta-python at the same time
> they are added to meta.

"at the same time" is complicated since OE-core has releases,
but meta-openembedded is just a branch.

I would also assume that not all users of stable series are updating
meta-openembedded to the latest on the dunfell branch at the same
time as OE-core, some users might end up updating one but never
updating the other one.

> //Peter

cu
Adrian