On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 08:52:34PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to debug a strange issue on native Go binaries. We're
> seeing it on 'glide' for example.
>
> If I build 'glide-native' and I go to its tmp/work/.../image/bin/glide
> it works just fine. For example, running it we see the expected error
> as I am running inside a clean environment without any extra tools:
>
> otavio@yocto-env ~/.../build %
> ./tmp/work/x86_64-linux/glide-native/0.13.3-r0/build/bin/glide
> [ERROR] Error getting version: exec: "go": executable file not found in $PATH.
>
> Now, if we run it from the sysroot-native, it segfaults:
>
> otavio@yocto-env ~/.../build %
> ./tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-oel-linux-gnueabi/updatehub/1.1.1-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/glide
> [1]    26085 segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> And this segfault is also happening inside the build. I ran the
> readelf on them and it seems to have been modified to use the
> uninative libc loader but I am in doubt how if this is the culprit.
> Can someone shed any light on this?

It looks like a known regression in 1.15.5

There was a linker regression which crept into go compiler in 1.15.5
which was immediately patched and we also backported that to OE-core
however, recently we have switched to using go-binary-native to
bootstrap the toolchain which means the bug was still not plugged in the
native version even though we patched our go versions, we cant help the
prebuilts.

Luckily we now have .6 release which came out last week, which means we
can upgrade to it and that should take care of the segfault, I have
improvised on the patch which was sent for upgrades and sent a v2 [1]

Please try it out and let me know.

[1]
https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/topic/patch_v2_go_update_1_15_5/78964072?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,78964072