On Fri, 19 Nov 2021 at 06:15, Vyacheslav Yurkov <uvv.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +# Class for setting up /etc in overlayfs
> +#
> +# In order to have /etc directory in overlayfs a special handling at early
> boot stage is required
> +# The idea is to supply a custom init script that mounts /etc before
> launching actual init program,
> +# because the latter already requires /etc to be mounted

Can you elaborate on the exact scenario that is being supported here?
Is it read-only / with /etc (and potentially more) in an overlayfs?

> +OVERLAYFS_ETC_MOUNT_POINT ?= "/data"
> +OVERLAYFS_ETC_FSTYPE ?= "ext4"
> +OVERLAYFS_ETC_DEVICE ?= "/dev/mmcblk0p2"

I'm guessing these are not universal defaults, but the values that you use.

If you can't provide default values which will actually work out of
the box, just set them to "" and the class can abort if they're not
set.

Ross