On 08/06/2022 14.30, Paulo Neves wrote:
> On 6/8/22 14:13, Rasmus Villemoes wrote:
>
>> On 08/06/2022 13.58, Paulo Neves via lists.openembedded.org wrote:
> I mean that your patch allows for a new standalone package ${PN}-xxd.
> Were somebody to use this package standalone, meaning without installing vim,
> the ncurses-terminfo-base would not be installed, possibly breaking xxd.
>
> Before your patch this risk did not occur due to xxd being include in the
> ${PN}
> which had an RDEPENDS to ncurses-terminfo-base.

Thanks, now I understand what you were saying. And no, xxd does not in
any way depend on those terminfo files; it's a simple utility for
converting binary files to hex (or the reverse, which is what I happen
to need, taking input in the form of ascii hex chars and producing
binary output). Yes, I've tested it on target as well.

Rasmus