On Sat, 17 Sept 2022 at 02:06, Peter Kjellerstedt
<peter.kjellerst...@axis.com> wrote:
> Sorry, my fault. I forgot that while the build directory is created
> in oe-setup-builddir, the path that is used is actually determined in
> oe-buildenv-internal, line 42-81. And this is the part that I would
> have to duplicate. Now, I do not need all of it (it can be reduced to
> 19 lines), but it still means I am duplicating the logic from OE-Core
> and if that changes, we may or may not notice...

Then you can do it in the opposite order through the official tooling:

. oe-init-build-env (against a template with a lowest common
denominator set of layers, perhaps even one from poky)
bitbake-layers add-layer /path/to/meta-b
bitbake-layers add-layer /path/to/meta-c

This is better, as it avoids having to write bblayers.conf[.template]
directly. You say you don't want to duplicate the script logic; you
should try to avoid duplicating the content of config files too then.

Alex