On Sat, 4 Feb 2023 at 22:47, Alex Stewart <alex.stew...@ni.com> wrote:
> > At this point OpenEmbedded/Yocto Project has decided to go the SPDX
> > route for various reasons.
>
> Are those reasons documented somewhere?
>
> Something about CDX rubs me the wrong way (besides it being named like
> an off-brand printer company), but I can't put my finger on what. So if
> there are technical reasons that it is less desirable for the OE
> usecase, I'd like to know about them.

This is entirely non-technical, but what is the reason for CycloneDX
to exist in the first place? SPDX is an older standard, it's managed
by Linux Foundation, and yet some people decided to go off and write
their own thing instead of working with SPDX to evolve that in the
desired direction. And then they promote it with a long list of
company logos. Xkcd's standards link would be too tired and obvious
here.

Alex