Am Fr, 17. Mär 2023 um 11:53:17 +0000 schrieb Richard Purdie <richard.pur...@linuxfoundation.org>:
It would help me if adverse effects are mentioned in commit messages.
In this case I can spot it easily enough but I don't always know/spot
all the issues.

It would be too harsh to say that I don't care about sysvinit. Of course, if something breaks as a result of this commit, I'm willing to take care of it if I can help. It's just that I don't personally use it, so I haven't identified any other issues that might be relevant to sysvinit. Other than the obvious that anything that would write directly to '/var/volatile/tmp' would break. At least I checked that sysvinit images could still boot. I have successfully run core-image-ptest-glib-2.0 with this patch applied. If I knew of any problems with sysvinit I would have pointed them out, but unfortunately I have no further findings yet