Hi Bruce,

On Fri, 2023-09-29 at 16:04 -0400, bruce.ashfi...@gmail.com wrote:
> Given where we are in the release cycle, this clearly is NOT a typical
> consolidated pull request.
>
> I've done what normally takes about three weeks in about 4 days.

Thanks, I know this isn't where any of us wanted to be.

> With 6.4 going EOL before expected upstream, it really isn't a suitable
> reference kernel for the release.
>
> So we've decided to take on the task of getting 6.5 ready and available,
> and at the same time moving the -dev kernel to v6.6. The -dev kernel
> testing for 6.5 was critical for this, since I already knew the core
> was sane.
>
> Also we've never shipped purposely mismatched libc-headers in the release,
> so I also took the leap to update the libc-headers to match.

Agreed on both counts, I think we need to make 6.5 work.

> I've already sent fixes to meta-oe, and there's a btrfs update in this
> series to fix breakage that I found in the tightly coupled packages.

I think btrfs-tools was already upgraded in master?

> I've built and booted core-image-kernel-dev, core-image-minimal,
> core-image-sato
> for both glibc and musl for all the supported architectures.
> There will be some things that break regardless, but this needs the
> better coverage of the AB.
>
> If this causes too much problems, our choices are to ship 6.4 EOLd, or
> fall all the way back to 6.1.
>
> I'll remove 6.4 from master once we've figured out the fallout from
> this kernel, and which direction we are going.

I had some difficulties with this series since it doesn't apply against
master. The issue was that someone else had updated the kernel CVEs and
those changes weren't in your tree (nor was the btrfs upgrade). This
meant all the cve inc changes threw errors. We will likely need to
assume someone will update the CVE includes semi regularly just so we
can keep the noise on the CVE reports down.

Since we're short on time, I regenerated the series re-running the CVE
script and rebuilding that piece of each commit. I suspect now we
understand what happened we'll be able to better handle it in future.

The first autobuilder test run crashed and burned due to unrelated
patches. I've a new build running:

https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/83/builds/5969