On Mon, 2024-01-01 at 23:31 -0500, bruce.ashfi...@gmail.com wrote:
> From: Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfi...@gmail.com>
>
> Richard,
>
> As promised, I waited until the new year to send this update
> to introduce the 6.6 kernel and libc-headers.
>
> I'll be sending patches to the appropriate lists to remove
> 6.5 shortly and make 6.6 the default. Once we have the reference
> boards updated to 6.6, the 6.1 kernel will also be removed.
>
> I've built 6.6 for all supported arches, core-image-* and have
> also tested against musl.
>
> Patches to meta-oe have been sent, and the work done with
> 6.6 as the -dev kernel means that the tightly coupled packages
> already build against 6.6.
>
> I'm sure there will be issues .. as there always are, but at
> this point, I need more eyes and test cycles to find those
> issues.

Thanks for putting this together (and deferring it!). I ran some tests
with this series and the QA warning tweak applied. It looks like the
remaining issues are:

Some issue with 6.6 preempt-rt failing to fetch:
https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/72/builds/8393/steps/34/logs/stdio

Some issue with qemuarm64 ptest images failing:
https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/82/builds/5933

[    1.664613] jitterentropy: Initialization failed with host not compliant
with requirements: 9

which looks familiar but I'm failing to page in the context offhand.

There is also a meta-arm config check issue (copying Jon/Ross):

https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/113/builds/5059

The build is close to finishing but hasn't quiet at the time of
writing.