On Wed, Jan 3, 2024 at 6:37 PM Bruce Ashfield via
lists.openembedded.org
<bruce.ashfield=gmail....@lists.openembedded.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 3, 2024 at 6:25 PM Richard Purdie
> <richard.pur...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 2024-01-01 at 23:31 -0500, bruce.ashfi...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > From: Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfi...@gmail.com>
> > >
> > > Richard,
> > >
> > > As promised, I waited until the new year to send this update
> > > to introduce the 6.6 kernel and libc-headers.
> > >
> > > I'll be sending patches to the appropriate lists to remove
> > > 6.5 shortly and make 6.6 the default. Once we have the reference
> > > boards updated to 6.6, the 6.1 kernel will also be removed.
> > >
> > > I've built 6.6 for all supported arches, core-image-* and have
> > > also tested against musl.
> > >
> > > Patches to meta-oe have been sent, and the work done with
> > > 6.6 as the -dev kernel means that the tightly coupled packages
> > > already build against 6.6.
> > >
> > > I'm sure there will be issues .. as there always are, but at
> > > this point, I need more eyes and test cycles to find those
> > > issues.
> >
> > Thanks for putting this together (and deferring it!). I ran some tests
> > with this series and the QA warning tweak applied. It looks like the
> > remaining issues are:
> >
> > Some issue with 6.6 preempt-rt failing to fetch:
> > https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/72/builds/8393/steps/34/logs/stdio
>
> urk. That's an easy fix. I did a run with my scripts not updated for 6.6,
> I must have missed -rt. I'll send another patch to apply on the end of
> the series
> for it.
>

> > Some issue with qemuarm64 ptest images failing:
> > https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/82/builds/5933
> >
> > [    1.664613] jitterentropy: Initialization failed with host not compliant
> > with requirements: 9
> >
> > which looks familiar but I'm failing to page in the context offhand.
> >

> It does ring a bell, I'm looking into it.

https://patchwork.yoctoproject.org/project/oe-core/patch/20231003122542.764073-1-ross.bur...@arm.com/

It looks like we are supposed to ignore it, did the move to the text files
drop that ignore entry ? or did it otherwise slip through the cracks ?

Bruce