On Wed, 6 Mar 2024 at 14:08, Otavio Salvador
<otavio.salva...@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>> Put another way, if I were to merge the PROVIDES, when would it ever be
>> acceptable to remove it?
>

> I'd do it in next release; so it keeps a time for upgrade.

But what would incentivize people to fix the metadata? If you put
PROVIDES in there, they are not going to notice that they have to fix
anything, and when it's removed later, it will break all the same.
What's the point of this additional work then?

It's master branch, it can and does break. No one ever promised that
you can make a layer that works across several releases, and I would
strongly object to making such a promise.

Alex