CROSS_COMPILE is set in EXTRA_OEMAKE which is used in oe-runmake() within do_compile() Running devshell is achieved in do_devshell() which is run after do_patch() but before do_compile(), that's why in devshell CROSS_COMPILE is not (yet) set. I think this is the intended way for things to work, devshell usage, as I see it, is mainly for pre-compile debugging purposes.

radu

On 08/06/2012 04:46 PM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
Dear Radu,

In message <501fc96a.8000...@intel.com> you wrote:
in the new shell

  >make coreboot-x86 (without _config)

The output I got is as follows:

Configuring for coreboot-x86 - Board: coreboot, Options:
SYS_TEXT_BASE=0xFC0000
make
/bin/bash: i386-linux-gcc: command not found
/bin/bash: i386-linux-gcc: command not found
It seems CROSS_COMPILE is set to "i386-linux-", but i386-linux-gcc is
not anywhere in your PATH.  Please check your PATH and fix it.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk