On 07/25/2013 09:43 PM, Saul Wold wrote:
On 07/25/2013 03:02 AM, Shakeel, Muhammad wrote:
-RDEPENDS_avahi-daemon = "sysvinit-pidof"
-
I am sure there was a reason that the sysvinit version of pidof was required over the busybox, did you test that the busybox version works correctly in both systemd and sysvinit usages?

It maybe that the busybox version now work correctly.

Also as Paul pointed out, this is an RDEPENDS on a single package not all the sysvinit packages.

Sau!

I have tested that pidof from busybox works fine for both systemd and sysvinit and also avahi-daemon works fine with this.

Also sysvinit is rdepending on 'sysvinit-pidof' and for sysvinit systems pidof will always come from inside it. It is only systemd enabled systems which will get pidof from busybox and it seems to be working fine.

I have tried to track it that why this rdepend was added for avahi daemon. It was added back in May 2007 but commit (1641c2bd2c71bb08de7057b052ae74c00eedb330) message doesn't have any more detail. I am sure that pidof from busybox is much more stable now.

This is definitely installing only 'sysvinit-pidof' but I was of the opinion that if we can avoid all of sysvinit for systemd only build, given that it is not impacting any of the functionality, then it will be nice. IMHO, we should try to prevent as many unnecessary bits from build/image as possible.

Regards,
Shakeel