>> also take a look at meta-linaro, they test armv7+ qemu regularly.

I built core-image-minimal using meta-linaro, using genericarmv7 machine but it
just generates an Image file for the kernel and a tar.gz rootfs. It doesn't
look like its useful out of the box for a QEMU image. Additionally you have to
do something extra for the image to be usable for a beagle QEMU machine,
related to x-load and u-boot, to get it to work.

Are you aware of the extract steps? Most of the docs I've seen use pre built sd
card images.

Best regards,

Elvis