On Wed, 2015-05-06 at 17:33 +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 10:58:36AM -0400, Bruce Ashfield wrote:
> > On 2015-05-06 10:42 AM, Martin Jansa wrote:
> > At this point, all I can say is file a bug. My builds of the same
> > board work, and the autobuilder show up green.
> >
> > That screams race condition, so I'll look into it from that angle.
>
> I'm considering providing simple old-style recipes for vanilla kernels
> and using them in my jenkins builds instead linux-yocto, because kernel
> shouldn't block testing other recipes from meta-oe and other layers as
> often as linux-yocto does.

I wasn't aware of linux-yocto breaking that often?

I am aware that:

* we have a race issue with shared_work which we're trying to resolve
  and its proving tricky to find a patch which doesn't break builds

* we have the newly reported issue in this thread. FWIW the builders
  I've seen are all green

* there are some warnings in the build which need addressing

but on the most part I thought we'd caught the serious kernel failures
in advance of changes hitting master. Are you using master-next or
master?

Its its -next, I can understand the problems more as that has been
unstable recently but then by its nature, it can be. We are rooting out
problems before master afaict though?