I'm upgrading the recipe right now, and I am skeptical about the media-session and wireplumber packageconfigs. Sure, they make sure that these two can't be in the same image, but this creates circular dependencies, because pipewire now depends on wireplumber, which depends on pipewire. And the same thing applies to media-session.

I am instead in favor of removing those packageconfigs and document that only one session manager should exist at the same time.

It would perhaps also be a good idea to establish a virtual package like "virtual/pipewire-session-manager" and add this as an RPROVIDES variable to the wireplumber and media-session recipes.

Finally, I asked the main wireplumber developed whether media-session shouldn't really be used anymore, and he agreed. But media-session removal can be done in a separate commit if we want to.