On Tue, Jul 9, 2024 at 5:54 AM Richard Leitner <d...@g0hl1n.net> wrote:

> Hi Armin,
>
> On Tue, Jul 09, 2024 at 08:12:06AM GMT, akuster808 wrote:
> > Hello Richard,
> >
> > On 7/6/24 2:08 PM, Richard Leitner via lists.openembedded.org wrote:
> > > The currently available python-3-pydantic v2.7.0 requires
> > > python3-pydantic-core to be updated to v2.18.1.
> > I don't see the updated or later version in master? Am I missing
> something?
>
> I found a series from Tim [1] which updates python3-pydantic and
> python3-pydantic-core
> to 2.7.4/1.9.0 for master.
> As those are newer versions I didn't send this patch for master.

That series needed to be rebased, per khem. Just because it is on patchwork
does not imply merging or correctness.
During the rebase I discovered missing dependencies.

Also, python3-pydantic-core has a QA warning about TMPDIR
 WARNING: python3-pydantic-core-2.19.0-r0 do_package_qa: QA Issue: File
/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pydantic_core/_
pydantic_core.cpython-312-x86_64-linux-gnu.so in package
python3-pydantic-core contains reference to TMPDIR [buildpaths]

Which seems to be RUSTFLAGS being injected into the .so for some reason
(where 14 is the .rodata section):
readelf -p 14 pydantic_core/_pydantic_core.cpython-312-x86_64-linux-gnu.so

<snip>
  [   f7c]  i
...skipping...

model-fieldsdataclasstuplefrozensetdefinition-refdefinitionsUnknown schema
type: "2.19.0a-alphab-beta__version__profile=release pgo= -L
/srv/build/ttorling/workspace-upgrades/build/tmp/work/core2-64-poky-linux/python3-pydantic-coas
  [ 2ae09]  kwargs
  [ 2ae10]  (args,
kwargs=None)ArgsKwargs(kwargssrc/argument_markers.rsCreating instances of
"UndefinedType" is not supportednew()\n
<snip>

The above seems to be a backtrace from the schema generation script, but I
haven't figured out yet how to troubleshoot further.

Meanwhile, upstream has updated again.
My working branch:
https://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded-contrib/log/?h=timo/python3-pydantic-upgrade