Daniel Ribeiro escreveu:
>>      Already done:
>>      * Based on Alex Zhang code
>>      * Relocatable first stage (may be uploaded to any RAM address on a780,
>> on a1200 MBM restrictions apply (0xa0de0000 only))
>>      * Same build works on a780 and a1200 (via boot_usb)
>>      * FB driver working for both (unlike i imagined)
>>      * PCAP driver working for both
>>      * MMC driver working for both
>       * Probe for PCAP inverted SSPFRM pin and autoconfigure
>       * Improved keypad driver
>       * Fixed MMC driver for 2gb cards.
>       * Fixed FAT driver for FAT32
>       * Works when flashed (tested on a780)

        As usual, here is an update with what was done today:
        * Fixed USB, now it is possible to boot_usb a kernel with BP in normal
mode.
        * Fixed the MMC driver so it does not freeze the 2.4 kernel when loaded
from MMC.
        * Increased MMC clock from 0.3 to 5 Mhz.
        * Doesnt turn on the backlight when the default boot is done (also
fixes the backlight turning on when the battery is inserted)

>>      Todo:
>>      * machid stuff
>>      * atags/cmdline/initrd for a1200
>       * fix ATAG support inside blob to use the cmdline from menu.lst
>       * add e680, a910, e2 and e6 keypad mapping.
>       * test it flashed on e680 and a1200
>       * post a video on youtube ;)
>       * find brave volunteers to flash it on a910, e2 and e6

        No additions to the todo list today.

        A preview version is available at [1]. I dont recommend anybody to
flash it yet, but i encourage people to test it with different microSD
cards and report the results.

        Here is a 6 step quick guide..
        1. Edit boot_usb.c, s/pxa_code, pxa_code_s/NULL, 0/ for your phone
entry on phonetypes[]. Rebuild.
        2. Setup the _first_ partition of your microSD to FAT(16|32)
        3. Create a "/boot/menu.lst" file:

# menu.lst
title           Motorola 2.4
kernel          /boot/default
param       not supported yet

title           OpenEZX
kernel          /boot/openezx
param       not supported yet

        4. Dump a 2.4 kernel from the original flash, or get one somewhere and
put it on /boot/default
        5. *Build an OpenEZX kernel, get the machid-magic[2] and
'cat machid-magic OpenEZX-kernel > bootable-kernel'. Put the
bootable-kernel on /boot/openezx*
        6. Send gen-blob[1] with the boot_usb built above.

        Usage:
        Hold the following key when sending via boot_usb (or powering on when
flashed).
                Scroll Down (volume -): Boot menu
                Scroll UP (Volume +): USB
        Not holding any key boots /boot/default without any FB activity.

        *The above guide is valid for all phones, but on e2, e6, e680, a910
gen-blob will not recognize any keys, or will not be able to read the card*
        *The preview[1] was not flashed on A1200, it was tested on flash
(kernel partition, 0x00020000) only on a780.*

        The (chaotic) source code is on svn.openezx, if somebody wish to help
me with the TODO list or code clean-up. :)

[1] http://people.openezx.org/wyrm/gen-blob-preview-20080608
[2] http://people.openezx.org/wyrm/machid-magic

- --
Daniel Ribeiro