On Saturday 16 May 2009 11:58:11 Ilya Petrov wrote:
> > Do nothing to warn bp about open()/close(). Make it fully virtual, let
> > bp think that all the lines are always opened.
>
> ok. this looks good to prevent bp from panic, but is this correct way?

In the absence of true reference material on that, my gut feeling is that it
would be better to have unused channels also closed on the DLCI layer.

However -- if we already have to open all the DLCIs at handshake time to make
sure the BP does not panic, then we might as well keep them open and
virtualize it just as Daniel recommended.

:M: