Hi,

Timothy Meade (tmzt) reported that there is some code from OpenEZX[0]
which has been used as a base for the TS 07.10/27.010 mux driver for
Motorola Milestone[1] (which is a GSM Droid, Droid is also addressed
with the codename Sholes, IIUC). You can find some evidence here:

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=kernel/omap.git;a=blob;f=drivers/misc/ts27010mux/ts27010_mux.c;h=e95b7c71f43257f835aa65afffe6dec074c442c1;hb=android-omap-2.6.29-eclair

You can see that the module author is reported to be Harald Welte,
"The Name You Know" (cit.).

In order to check out the code:
git clone git://android.git.kernel.org/kernel/omap.git
git checkout remotes/origin/android-omap-2.6.29-eclair
ls -l drivers/misc/ts27010mux

The code they used as a base is an old version of "our" mux driver
(which, in turn, was based on the one used by Motorola in EZX), which
was still using an explicit mapping between DLCIs and TTYs, Ilya Petrov
has done a great work simplifying this in our current driver, see:

http://git.openezx.org/openezx.git?a=blob;f=drivers/char/ts0710_mux.c;h=e7fbf6df6543d877b3da60c6bbd15cbf17716d29;hb=refs/heads/ezx/current

It would be great if our code and the one from Motorola could be
kept in sync somehow, that would also ease mainline submission a lot
in the long run.

I am CCing some of the developers of the Milestone mux driver, taken
from git log, to hear some opinion from them.

With Kind Regards,
   Antonio Ospite

[0] http://openezx.org
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_Droid