Am Donnerstag, den 25.03.2010, 21:21 +0100 schrieb Antonio Ospite:
> it's spring time and it's starting to get nicer and warmer down here in
> Italy, it's time to open the windows and let some fresh air come in.

:)

> So I started refreshing the openezx userspace foundations:
>  1. a more recent toolchain[1] (x86_64 and i686) thanks to Jan Prunk
>     who provided access to an i686 machine.
>  2. a new fso-console-image, kernel, modules and gen-blob[2]
>     NOTE: don't flash this gen-blob, it's huge; it should work fine
>     via usb tho.
>  3. latest boot_usb[3].
>
> This bundle lets you have BP working with latest ezxd and latest kernel
> which comes now with an adapted ts27010mux driver from Motorola
> Milestone (thanks to Erik Gilling), so you hardcore OpenEZXers can
> make some tests with the new mux driver. How many are we, 2, maybe 4? :)
>
> These updates are going to hit also OpenEmbedded sometime soon.
>
> Next is to fix support for freescale_neptune modem in ogsmd and
> build a fso-zhone-image, so a broader audience can have some fun too.

Awesome plan. As indicated, I will try to help you, although due to the
time openezx was "in limbo", I focused on more modern devices. Still I'd
love to see FSO2 running there as smartphone middleware.

>  * does anyone has a spare A1200/E6 (or even A1600, albeit there is no
>    confirmation openezx works on it) to sell/lend/donate?

I have an A1200 that I flashed a wrong baseband firmware to it, since
then it's kind of broken. Wyrm or Ilya said that it can be flashed if
you solder a jumper on the board.

If you want it, send me your snail mail address.

:M: